Recently, the seeds are gaining popularity. They are super trendy especially with sports fans. What is the reason for this enthusiasm? In addition to giving texture to our dishes, these small parts of the plants are rich in nutrients and vitamins. They also act as antioxidants by promoting physical fitness. But which seed to lose weight fast? Our editorial team offers you the list of the most popular options and simple ideas on how to fit them into your daily menu.
Edible seeds are an excellent source of nutrients. In general, a teaspoon a day (of most seeds) contains enough fiber to aid in weight loss.
Consuming a teaspoon a day of some seeds can help you lose weight
Which seed to lose weight fast?
Thanks to their composition rich in minerals and healthy fibers, the seeds have the ability to fill us. Many of them are advertised to be able to reduce belly and thigh fat while also promoting weight control. In addition, some seeds stand out for their virtues on cardiovascular health. Among the most faithful allies to lose weight we find chia seeds, sunflower, flax, hemp and many others. Below, we share with you a detailed list of the most popular variants, their benefits, and how to integrate them into your diet.
Find out below the most popular seeds that boost metabolism
Chia seeds for fast weight loss
Chia is arguably the most popular seed today. This is explained by its various virtues and properties:
- acts as a fat loss stimulator;
- contributes to the elimination of toxins;
- rich source of protein and fiber, very suitable for a vegetarian diet;
- absorbs liquids and creates a feeling of satiety;
- consume in moderation (no more than one or two tablespoons per day), as excessive consumption of chia can cause side effects.
Chia seeds are now at the top of the ranking of the most popular superfoods
There are several ways to consume chia seeds:
- incorporate them into salad dressings;
- add a teaspoon of seeds to drinks (water and lemon, smoothie);
- as a seasoning for porridges;
- add them to homemade jams;
- as a texturizing ingredient for his baking creations.
Many ways to easily incorporate them into your daily menu
Drinking idea with chia seeds
One of the easiest ways to reap the benefits of chia is to make yourself a morning refreshment drink. This hydrates the body, improves digestion and skin health.
- 1 cup of water
- the juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon. apple cider vinegar
- 1 C. to s. Chia seeds
Mix all the ingredients and leave to rest for about ten minutes.
A refreshing drink made from chia seeds
Flax seeds to lose belly fat
Lately flax seeds have had a boom in the culinary world. Not surprising, given their various advantages:
- can reduce bad cholesterol;
- contribute to cardiovascular health;
- balance blood sugar;
- they are rich in vegetable proteins which in turn reduce appetite and the hunger hormone
- they are rich in antioxidants and alpha-linolenic acid;
- rich in lignans – a plant compound thought to inhibit the development of cancer cells;
- easily adapt to many of our favorite recipes.
Flax seeds are appreciated for their many virtues on the human organism.
Brown or golden flax seeds for weight loss?
Both types have nutritional benefits. The golden and brown seeds are rich in fiber, lignans and alpha-linolenic acid. The latter plays a key role in overall health.
Like chia, flax seeds can be incorporated into various drinks, salads, baked recipes (e.g. muffins, pancakes), or baked goods. On the other hand, flax gel can replace eggs in vegan recipes.
A great alternative to eggs in vegan recipes
Flaxseed herbal tea for weight loss
Thanks to its richness in dietary fiber, one teaspoon of flax is completely enough to reduce appetite. In addition, its seeds are low in sugar and starch, that is, low in calories.
- a cup of water
- 1 C. to s. flax seed
- honey, cinnamon and lemon (to taste)
- Boil the water.
- Add the seeds and leave to infuse for ten minutes.
- Filter the liquid.
- Depending on your preferences, you can add honey, lemon or cinnamon.
Prepare an herbal tea that promotes weight loss
Lose weight with sunflower seeds
Sunflower seeds come as a perfect low-carb snack.
- They contain fiber and vitamin B which act as calorie burners and appetite suppressants.
- The richness of vitamin E, on the other hand, favors the elimination of toxins and fights inflammation.
- However, we’re talking about raw seeds here (not roasted and salted).
- Furthermore, it is important to stay within the scope of moderate consumption and a balanced diet.
A plant with not only decorative value!
- raw chews;
- incorporated into pastry and bakery recipes;
- add them to healthy dishes (eg roasted salmon);
- make pesto or butter with it;
- add them to salads.
Consumption of raw sunflower seeds is considered beneficial
Cold Sunflower Seed Soup Recipe
- 1 liter of water
- the juice of one lemon
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 50 g of sunflower seeds
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- fresh dill
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients at high speed.
- Serve with fresh dill and a lemon wedge.
A refreshing idea for a nutrient-rich soup
Cumin is a rather popular spice. In addition to its specific and exotic smell, it is potentially beneficial for the human body.
- This is due to one of its components, namely the thymusquinone. It is a natural substance that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities. It targets free radicals and thus helps the body eliminate toxins.
- It is believed that you can lose belly fat in two to three weeks if you drink jeera water (cumin water) every day.
Drinking cumin water (jeera) is the best known grandmother’s remedy for losing belly fat. As with the rest of the morning drinks (based on water and other healthful components), this is very helpful in balancing blood sugar levels, improving metabolic functioning and, of course, increasing weight loss. Here’s how to make it easy.
Another magical spice: cumin
Slimming drink recipe: cumin water
- 1 C. c. cumin seeds
- 750 ml of water
- Bring the water to a boil, then add the seeds.
- Leave to infuse for a few minutes and filter before consumption.
- Like other weight loss drinks, this one should be consumed on an empty stomach for best results.
Drinking cumin water can help metabolism and thus increase weight loss
Mustard seeds for weight loss
According to research, mustard seeds are another perfect solution to add to your ally list for easier weight loss.
- they are low in calories and rapidly stimulate the functioning of the metabolism;
- they are rich in vitamins and minerals (calcium, phosphorus, iron, selenium);
- Nutrient-rich mustard seeds also reduce the risk of chronic disease.
Few calories and very beneficial
Like other seeds, these also fit well in a lot of simple and healthy recipes. To take advantage of their advantages, you can add them:
- to your salad dressings;
- to exotic and spicy dishes (such as curry);
- recipes with potatoes (eg toast), chicken and beans.
Mustard Seed Salad Dressing Recipe
- 80 g of mustard seeds
- 150 g of water
- 2 tbsp. to s. apple cider vinegar
- 1 or 2 tbsp. to s. honey
- Soak the mustard seeds in water overnight.
- In a blender, blend everything.
- Keep in the fridge.
A healthy and delicious accompaniment to our summer salads